New online visa application for Turkey - e Visa






A simple process at this address: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
  • What is e-Visa? Go
    E-Visa is an endorsement that allows the bearer to enter Turkey.
    It replaces “sticker”- and “stamp-type” visas formerly issued at the border crossing.
    Applicants obtain their visa electronically after entering required information and making payment by credit card.
    After successful application, e-Visa is e-mailed to the applicant. Applicants must print out their e-Visa, show it to airport officials and customs officers and carry it with them at all times during the travel.
    E-Visa is only valid for tourism or trade purposes. For other purposes such as work or study, an application through our Embassies or Consulates must be submitted.
    Turkish authorities can deny entrance of a holder of e-Visa to Turkey in certain cases. Holders of visas issued by Turkish embassies or consulates are subject to the same procedure too, thus can be denied entrance.
  • What do I need for e-visa application? Go
    A minimum 6-month-valid passport, flight (or any other possible means of transportation) reservation and a credit card (Master or Visa).
  • What are the advantages of e-Visa? Go
    E-Visa can be obtained easily anywhere you have internet connection and enables the holder to submit application without waiting in the que at the Turkish embassies or consulates or at the border crossing and enter into Turkey.
  • Who is eligible for e-Visa? Go
  • Do I need to enter Turkey on the exact date specified in my application? Go
    The validity period of your e-Visa begins from the date specified in your application. You can enter Turkey on any date within this period.
  • If my travel dates change, can I apply for e-visa amendment for change of date? Go
    No, you cannot. If you do not enter Turkey within the period of the validity of the e-Visa, you must apply for a new e-Visa.
  • How secure is e-visa? Go
    The Republic of Turkey, in principle, does not sell, rent, or otherwise use for commercial purposes any personal information entered in the e-Visa page to third parties. Any information obtained at each stage of the application and the e-Visa issued at the end of the process are stored in high security systems. The applicant bears full responsibility for the safety of the soft and hard copies of the issued and forwarded e-Visa. The applicant bears again full responsibility of this information in case they fall into the hands of third parties.
    The applicant’s information in the barcode on the e-Visa is stored in encrypted and electronically signed form, designated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey. Access information and authorization to the content of the barcode is solely given to the institutions authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey. The applicant bears full responsibility for any inconvenience that may result from bar code falsifications.
  • Do I need to obtain separate e-visa for people accompanying me? Go
    Yes. Each traveler must have his or her own e-Visa.
  • Is e-visa refundable? Go
    No. If you obtained an e-Visa and did not enter Turkey, you will not be refunded your payment.
  • Are there any restrictions on airline companies to fly to Turkey? Go
    The citizens of the countries listed in Table 1 (link), as well as Pakistan, Iraq, India, Bangladesh and Mexico can travel with any airline company they wish to.
    The citizens of other eligible countries (link) are required to travel with Turkish Airlines in order to obtain e-Visa.
  • If any of the information on my e-visa does not match the information on my passport, can I still enter Turkey? Go
    No, you cannot. E-Visa is electronically associated with a passenger’s passport. Therefore, you must enter Turkey with the same passport with which you applied for an e-Visa. Otherwise, your e-Visa will be invalid.
  • Can a tourism agency apply for e-visa on my behalf? Go
  • I would like to stay in Turkey for a period of time longer than the e-visa permits. What should I do? Go
    If you wish to stay in Turkey longer than your e-Visa permits, you must apply at local Police Departments for a residence permit.
    Please note that, e-Visa is granted only for tourism and trade purposes. Application for other types of visa (work visa, student visa etc.) are required to be submitted through Turkish Embassies or Consulates.
    If you overstay your visa, you might be asked to pay fines, deported or banned future travel to Turkey for a specific period of time.
  • Is it secure to make a credit card payment on the e-visa web page? Go
    Our website maintains high level of security standards. We are not responsible for any harm that may result from security vulnerabilities of your bank, your computer or your internet connection.
  • I have realized that, some of the information that I provided in the e-visa application requires correction. What should I do? Go
    You need to make a fresh application.
  • I have completed my application. How long will it take for my e-visa to be e-mailed to me? Go
    Your e-Visa will be e-mailed to you within 24 hours after completion of your application.
  • What should I do, if my e-visa application is denied? Go
    If you have received an e-mail message informing you that your e-Visa application has been denied, you can visit the nearest Turkish Embassy or Consulate for visa application.
  • If my e-visa application is denied, will my registration cost be refunded? Go
    The visa application fee is only charged to an approved visa.
  • How long before my travel date should I apply for e-visa? Go
    You should apply for your e-Visa at least 24 hours before your departure. However, you are advised to make an application at least one week before your departure.
  • I have applied for visa at a Turkish Embassy (Consulate General). I want to get update for my application. Can I send a request through this web site? Go
    No. You should contact the respective Embassy (Consulate General) to get information about your application.
  • I have realized that some information on my e-Visa does not match the information on my passport. I have made payment and now I have an e-Visa with incorrect information. Can I get a refund? Go
    No. The responsibility of any mistake is with the applicant.
  • I could get “sticker type of visa” at the airport. I don’t want to apply for e-Visa. Can I still get “sticker type of visa” at the airport? Go
    Yes. The practice of “sticker type of visa” has not changed (until further notice).
  • I do not have a credit card or debit card. Is there any other way of e-Visa fee payment? Go
    No. You can only make payment with a credit or a debit card (only Mastercard or Visa). On the other hand, the card does not have to be under your name.
Enjoy your Holiday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get your Turkish tax number (vergi kimlik)

More Short-Term Property Rentals in Turkey information

Welcome to the Tuzla Homeowners Association!